We are so excited and pleased to offer programs and retreats on a limited basis. Our grounds are open for you to come, pray and soak up the beauty of the Fall in the Hudson Valley. Know that we take your health and safety seriously. We look forward to welcoming you back to Graymoor.
Thank you for visiting our website. We look forward to having you visit Graymoor. Please enter your email address below to sign up for notification of all the latest retreats and programs we are adding.
Retreats At The Graymoor Spiritual Life Center
Rediscover Unity with God and With Yourself
The GRAYMOOR SPIRITUAL LIFE CENTER is a ministry of the Franciscan Friars of the Atonement, a Roman Catholic religious community dedicated to the reconciliation, or at-one-ment, of people with themselves, each other, and God. The Center sponsors and hosts many retreats, conferences, days of renewal and recollection, pilgrimages, meetings and other events.
Along with hosting our own events as a ministry of the Franciscan Friars of the Atonement, we also invite groups from around the country to hold their retreats and conferences here. The Center has 85 single guest rooms. Seated dining for as many as 300; and meeting and chapel space for up to 650.
Your Stay At The Graymoor Spiritual Life Center
All rooms are single occupancy. Fees for a weekend retreat is $275 per person. Fees include all content of our retreat, the two overnight stays and all meals starting with Saturday’s breakfast and ending with lunch on Sunday. Midweek retreats are $250 per person and include meals from Tuesday’s dinner through Friday’s lunch.
Pre-registration is required as retreats are limited in number of participants. The deadline for registration is one week before the retreat.
A non-refundable $150 deposit per person is due at the time of reservation and is non-refundable or transferable. Full payment is due one week prior to the retreat. To register online for a retreat, click here.
Arrival and Departure Times:
For weekend programs, please arrive between 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM on Friday for registration in the Welcome Center on the 1st floor. Please do not arrive early as rooms and staff may not be adequately prepared at earlier times. Weekend retreats end after Sunday lunch at 12:15 PM and weekday retreats end after 12:00 PM lunch on Friday.
Graymoor is located off US Route 9 in Garrison, NY, five miles north of Peekskill, NY, and 13 miles south of I-84. Use 40 Franciscan Way, Garrison, NY 10524 for GPS assisted driving directions.
By Train: Take Metro-North’s Hudson River Line from Grand Central (or 125th Street) to Peekskill. Taxi service is available from Peekskill to Graymoor for approximately $35.
Meals and Linens
Weekend retreat fees include all content of our retreat, the two overnight stays and all meals starting with Saturday’s breakfast and ending with lunch on Sunday. Midweek retreat fees include all content of our retreat and all meals starting with Tuesday’s dinner through Friday’s lunch. The Center has vending machines with snacks and beverages but you are welcomed to bring your own and store it in our guest lounge refrigerators. Towels, linens and one pillow per bed are provided and bathrobes are recommended for shower use. Please bring your own alarm clock, any extra pillows and toiletries you may need.
Before Your Retreat:
- You will receive a email with pre-retreat Covid Symptom checker for self evaluation.
- Retreatants who do not feel well should not attend Graymoor. A refund or credit to join us at a future retreat will be issued.
- Retreatants who have knowingly been exposed to someone who has had COVID-19 during the 14 days prior to a retreat should not attend Graymoor. A refund or credit to join us at a future retreat will be issued.
- If you are living in a high-incidence state or have visited a high-incidence state in the last 14 days, you should not attend Graymoor. Please refer NY state health guidelines for the latest information and restrictions if traveling from out of state. Learn more here.
During Your Retreat
- Temperatures will be checked upon arrival so that we may identify a first symptom that could risk everyone’s safety.
- A self assessment must be completed and signed upon arrival.
- Masks must be worn over your mouth and nose while indoors with the exception of your own bedroom, while eating at social distanced place or while in the shower.
- Self-monitor your health. Go home if you don’t feel well. Any payment toward your retreat may be moved to another retreat within 12 months should you need to cancel. If you become sick during retreat, notify staff via the emergency phone number, quarantine yourself in your room and arrange for transportation home.
- Wash and sanitize hands frequently and maintain good hygiene.
- We all must maintain 6 feet of distance between yourself and others. Pause and let others pass in the hallway.
- We encourage you to take advantage of our beautiful grounds for fresh air during the retreat.
After Your Retreat:
- Should you be diagnosed with COVID-19 within 14 days of your retreat, please promptly inform us so that we may notify your fellow retreatants and staff of their possible exposure.