Retreats At The Graymoor Spiritual Life Center
Rediscover Unity with God and With Yourself
The GRAYMOOR SPIRITUAL LIFE CENTER is a ministry of the Franciscan Friars of the Atonement, a Roman Catholic religious community dedicated to the reconciliation, or at-one-ment, of people with themselves, each other, and God. The Center sponsors and hosts many retreats, conferences, days of renewal and recollection, pilgrimages, meetings and other events.
Along with hosting our own events as a ministry of the Franciscan Friars of the Atonement, we also invite groups from around the country to hold their retreats and conferences here. The Center has 56 guest rooms that can accommodate up to 112 people; seated dining for as many as 300; and both meeting and chapel space for up to 650.
Road to Recovery
A focus of many of our retreats is to help men and women recover from addictions. Find a recovery retreat and join us as you walk the road to recovery.
Lenten & Holy Week Events
Here at Graymoor, March is full of events in which we enter into the Passion, Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ. We invite you to join us or any or all of these events – from the Spiritual Directions Mini-Retreat (March 18) to the Holy Week Retreat (March 28- April 1, Easter Sunday). Check out our calendar to discover the many events occurring on the Holy Mountain during this prayerful season.
- Sunday, March 18th – Corned Beef and Cabbage Buffet Dinner
- Wednesday, March 28th – Saturday, March 31st – The Sacred Triduum
- Saturday, March 31st – Great Vigil of Easter
- Sunday, April 1st – Easter Sunrise Service at the Founder’s Tomb
- Sunday, May 6th – Blessing and Planting of Wildflower Seeds
- Sunday, June 10th – Feast of St. Anthony of Padua Celebration
- Sunday, September 30th – Procession and Blessing of the Animals
- Sunday, December 24th – Christmas Eve Mass in the Night at 10:00 PM; Chorale Starts at 9:00 PM
- 7:30 PM – H.P. & Recovery Meeting – Kennedy Lounge, 4th Floor
- 8:00 PM – Holy Hour – St. Pius X Chapel, 6th Floor
- 7:30 PM – S-Anon 12 Steps Meeting -Kennedy Lounge, 4th Floor
- 7:00 PM – H.V. Tergar Meditation Group – Kennedy Lounge, 4th Floor
- 7:30 PM – St. John’s Prayer Group – St. Pius X Chapel, 6th Floor
- 7:15 PM – Garrison Group A.A. Meeting – Conference Room, 4th Floor
- 8:00 AM – S.A. -12 Steps-Early Morning Meeting – Kennedy Lounge, 4th Floor
- 8:30 AM – O.A. Meeting – Conference Room, 4th Floor
- 5:00 PM – Al-Anon Meeting – Kennedy Lounge, 4th Floor
- 12:00 PM – Have a Desire A.A. Meeting – Conference Room, 4th Floor
- 7:00 PM – A New Start N.A. Meeting – Conference Room, 4th Floor
- 7:30 PM – Chemical Recovery Group ~ Kennedy Lounge, 4th Floor
Days of Grace Personal Retreats
Day of Grace Retreats are year-round opportunities for self-directed personal retreats. Available by phone reservations only and usually weekdays, but occasionally weekends you can come & stay at Graymoor, relax, reflect, read and pray. Come walk our grounds, visit our gift shops and pray in our many chapels. For more information and reservations please call (845) 424-2111. The fee for one Day of Grace is $125.00 per person which includes three meals and overnight accommodation. Payment in full at time of registration is required.
Your Stay At The Graymoor Spiritual Life Center
Unless otherwise noted, single occupancy for a weekend retreat is $250 per person; double occupancy is $175 per person. Both fees include all content of our retreat, the two overnight stays and all meals starting with Saturday’s breakfast and ending with lunch on Sunday. Midweek retreats are $225 per person for both single & double occupancy rooms and include meals from Tuesday’s dinner through Friday’s lunch.
Pre-registration is required as retreats are limited in number of participants. If registering through the mail please verify beforehand that space is still available. The deadline for registration is one week before the retreat.
A non-refundable $75 deposit per person is due at the time of reservation and is non-refundable or transferable should you cancel for ANY reason. We appreciate payment in full at the time of registration as it will make the registration process go faster on the day of your arrival, but we do not require it.
To pre-register online (recommended) please click here.
Arrival and Departure Times:
For weekend programs, please arrive between 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM on Friday for registration in the Spiritual Life Office on the 5th floor. For midweek retreat registrations arrival is between 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM again in our 5th floor office. Please do not arrive early as rooms and staff may not be adequately prepared at earlier times. Weekend retreats end after Sunday lunch at 12:15 PM and weekday retreats end after 12:00 PM lunch on Friday. Balances if any, are due at the time of arrival and can be fulfilled by either cash, check or major credit cards.
Graymoor is located off US Route 9 in Garrison, NY, five miles north of Peekskill, NY, and 13 miles south of I-84. Use 40 Franciscan Way, Garrison, NY 10524 for GPS assisted driving directions.
By Train: Take Metro-North’s Hudson River Line from Grand Central (or 125th Street) to Peekskill. Taxi service is available from Peekskill to Graymoor for approximately $35.
Meals and Linens
Weekend retreat fees include all content of our retreat, the two overnight stays and all meals starting with Saturday’s breakfast and ending with lunch on Sunday. Midweek retreat fees include all content of our retreat and all meals starting with Tuesday’s dinner through Friday’s lunch. The Center has vending machines with snacks and beverages but you are welcomed to bring your own and store it in our guest lounge refrigerators. Towels, linens and one pillow per bed are provided and bathrobes are recommended for shower use. Please bring your own alarm clock, any extra pillows and toiletries you may need.