Retreats for Men Discerning a Religious Vocation
February 16-19 & October 18-21, 2018
Do you feel like God is calling you to the priesthood or religious life? Or are you simply curious about religious life in general? If you are a man between 18-40, join the Franciscan Friars of the Atonement for a special discernment experience at Graymoor, the “Holy Mountain,” located an hour north of New York City.
Who are the Franciscan Friars of the Atonement?
We are Franciscan Friars dedicated to the mission of bringing about reconciliation, healing, and unity in our world. At the Come & Discern Vocation Retreat, you will learn more about our mission of fostering “at-one-ment” through witness stories from the Friars. Also spend time in prayer at our many chapels and shrines, overlooking the beautiful Hudson Valley.
Experience the Benefits of a Discernment Retreat:
- Discover the history of the Friars through a guided pilgrimage to our sacred spaces and chapels.
- Be challenged by inspiring talks on Biblical Foundations of Call, Theology of Call, and Practical Tools for Discernment.
- Spend time in quiet and communal prayer, listening to God’s voice in your life.
- Receive guidance from Fr. James Loughran, SA, Paul Krenzelok, Director of Discernment Ministry for Young Adults, and others.
- Reflect in the peaceful, scenic atmosphere of Graymoor, right on the Appalachian Trail in the Lower Hudson Valley.